Saturday, May 29, 2010

Arrival in Paris

We left Michigan around 9:40 last night (EST) and arrived in Paris this morning, local time of about 1130. The flight was a little less than seven and a half hours, and I probably got 3 hours of sleep at most on the plane, so I'm a little wiped out. I had the fortune to sit in a seat where half the leg room was taken up by an air conditioning unit (or some other nondescript black device with vents), so not only did my backpack not fit under the seat completely, but my badminton racquet didn't either, and I spend the entire flight with the racquet between my legs and Svelto's lasers on my lap.

After getting through customs and claiming our bags (which took a surprisingly short amount of time) we bought rail passes. The navigo passes don't start until Monday, so we had to buy 1-way tickets to Paris, which cost 8.50 e.

After getting to the hotel, we met with Francois and Adrian, two Paris Tech students who took us to go see a rugby game. It was pretty helpful to get their input, as they know the area infinitely better than we do.

I'm quite tired from today/yesterday. I don't have plans tomorrow other than going to an Irish church for mass, but until then, I plan to get well acquainted with my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment